Dane Outreach regularly participates in local community events to provide information and education about Great Danes, and enable prospective owners to meet a Great Dane.
Events we usually attend are listed here. Once our attendance at an event is confirmed, we'll post more details such as directions and times.
Paws in the park
featuring the Dog-A-Thon of Tacoma and Pierce County Humane Society
Dane Outreach will have breed info as well as volunteers with their Great Danes so you can get up close and personal with the breed and learn more about them.
Where: Steilacoom Park
When: July 28, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
• Pose with your pet at the Mud Bay Photo Booth
• Microchip your best friend at the Davies Pearson Microchip Booth
• Wet paws at the Good Neighbor Vet and Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P Dog Cooling Stations
• Have Fido run the gauntlet with Rainier Agility Team’s professional dog agility course
• Shop dozens of premier vendors
• Add to your pack with a Humane Society adoptable animal
• Fun for the whole family! Kiddie crafts and face painting!
Concert for the Animals
28th Annual Mutt Show
• Does your pooch have what it takes to be on top? Perhaps they are:
*The Best Retriever (10:00 am)
*The Best Kisser (11:00 am)
*The Best Dressed (Noon)
*Have The Best Trick or The Best Butt Wiggle (1:00 pm)
Compete against Pierce County’s best for prizes and bragging rights!
• Can’t teach an old dog new tricks? Wrong! Get up to snuff in an intimate training session with Dog Gone Good Training’s Anne Smith (9:30, 10:30 am, and 11:30 am)
• Practice Downward-Facing Dog with your furry friend during DOGA (dog yoga) with Lori Ferry! (10:00 am and 11:00 am)
On Your Bark, Get Set, Help Pets in Need!
• Save lives and have a blast doing so! Raise pledges at http://support.thehumanesociety.org/pawsinthepark
• The event helps the Humane Society care for almost 12,000 animals each year. Donations raised provide vital support for innovative programing, fostering under-aged litters of puppies, kittens, and bunnies, treatment and rehabilitation for victims of cruelty, veterinary care for injured animals, and many other services in the community
Multiply the fun and multiply your impact by forming a team! Your group of two or more people will receive thank you gifts and a commemorative photo at the Mud Bay Photo Booth. Contact External Affairs Officer Laverne at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://support.thehumanesociety.org/pawsinthepark to sign up today!
And in August........
Auburn Valley Humane Society's Barkfest and Rover Romp
See the flyer below for event info. Join Dane Outreach and come and meet volunteers and their Danes, learn about the breed, and have fun!!